Thursday, July 23, 2015

The Story of Us and How Nanna Came to Be Part 1

Once upon a time, there was a happy little family that lived in the South. There was a Daddy (HHBL), a Momma (that’s me y’all), a teenage girl (Princess), a teenage boy (Baller), and a younger boy (Super Brother).  

Princess went to live with her Biological Dad (I have a nickname for him, but I’m trying to keep it PG so we will just call him BD). Princess was living with BD because his rules are much more laid back than mine and HHBL’s. It was what she wanted and frankly, I just wanted peace, so we wished her all the best and kept our fingers crossed. She moved in with BD in April of 2014. It broke my heart. We felt like we were a man down, but there was peace. Y’all, girls are hard. Really, really hard. Options, like moving when BD, only make it harder. We struggled with whether we were making a wise decision. We dealt with judgment and condemnation and felt alone in our decision. And we didn’t see the Princess until October. For 15 years, the Princess had been by my side and suddenly, she was barely taking my calls. It was heartbreaking and I was destroyed.

Poor decisions were being made by both Princess and BD. I couldn’t do a thing about it. I just hoped and prayed and cried that she would be wise. I was thankful that the drama was gone, but I missed my baby. I just wanted to rewind time and change something, anything, to make her come home.

Then, something amazing happened…..Princess met a Prince, and she wanted him to meet her family. We loved him, but even more than that, we loved that we were seeing her. She was coming home EVERY weekend. It was wonderful. Life was good. Me and Princess would go shopping together, watch movies together, and just talk. I was loving it.

Then, Princess shows up at 8 am one Sunday morning. Of course, y’all with teenagers know that one being up that early is a miracle. She needed to talk. I was prepared. She must want to move back home, or maybe she needs money, or could it just be that BD is being a poo poo head and she needs some advice. Nope. She was pregnant. She had a pregnancy test to prove it.

My mind raced. What do I say? What do I do?





Stay tuned for part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment